Download all Quick Terrain Modeler tutorials (DoD and general) as a single file
This zip file provides an HTML front end and all the QTM tutorials so you can easily navigate through the videos at a time and place of your own choosing- whether you are on or off the network. You can download this file, then burn to a DVD and upload onto other networks for use within your entire organization. Feel free to share with your colleagues.
Quick overview of specific new v8.0.5 functions for Quick Terrain Modeler users in the DoD.
Overview of QT Modeler training curriculum for DoD users.
The first tutorial in a multi-part series on HLZ selection and planning.
This is the first part of advanced HLZ analysis. It will show more advanced tools and techniques to help screen candidate HLZ’s for suitability.
The first chapter of the Tactical User Series introduces the DoD user to the basics of LiDAR technology and the 3D products you are likely to encounter from the BuckEye and other DoD LiDAR sensors. This chapter also discusses 2D imagery – specifically “ortho imagery” or “orthos” that can be overlaid on top of the 3D terrain data, as well as vector data such as measurements and routes.
The second chapter of the Tactical User Series lays out the FLAPS workflow. FLAPS stands for Find, Load, Analyze, Produce, and Share. Shortening the timeline for each of these tasks is a critical component in the tactical user’s demanding environment, in which time is always in short supply, but results cannot be compromised. Subsequent chapters will flesh out each of the FLAPS steps.
This video provides instruction on the first 2 steps of the FLAPS workflow: Finding and Loading data. Topics covered include:
– Creating a KML or SHP index of all of your geospatial holdings.
– Working with your index in Google Earth.
– Commonly used BuckEye LiDAR and imagery products.
– Searching our holdings by inputting an MGRS grid coordinate.
– Basic measurements and terrain profiles.
– Placing and customizing the display of markers.
– of Sight (LOS) analysis.
– Slope/Mobility analysis.
– Helicopter Landing Zone (HLZ) analysis.
– Coordinate conversion between MGRS/UTM/Lat/Long.
This chapter shows how to produce products that can be created, saved, and shared with others.
– PowerPoint creation directly from QT Modeler
– Integration with Google Earth
– Route planning and export
This chapter provides a very brief introduction into basic workflows and products that can be used with BuckEye LiDAR DEM’s.
– BuckEye product overview (3D & 2D).
– Height coloration.
– Creation of MGRS grids (GRG Creation).
– Finding models from an MGRS coordinate.
– Line of Sight (LOS) analysis.